Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Healthy Pink Spaghetti loaded with Veggies


Healthy Pink Noodles with Veggies

Don't we all just love the color Pink!!! It's a gorgeous color after all. As a child too, I couldn't resist this color. I wanted everything to be pink. In fact I even dreamt of having Pink noodles someday. Finally I fulfilled my childhood wish and made these super healthy pink Spaghetti loaded with veggies.




Can you imagine, just half a beetroot did this! Anyways, as I searched online on how to stain the pasta using beetroot, I mainly found recipes which involved making the pasta dough at home and staining it to this color in that process. Since I didn't have a dough maker at home I wanted an alternate way to do it. So decided to try it out my own way!

Ingredients
A half Beetroot, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp pepper powder
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp olive oil
1 packet of whole wheat Spaghetti

Method
On a grill pan, heat the oil. add all the above ingredients except the spaghetti and roast them well for 7-8 minutes. You can also roast them in the oven in a similar way.


Once its charred well, allow this mixture to cool down. Then grind it to a smooth paste in a processor.


Boil the whole wheat spaghetti as described in its package. This is what I used. I am however not advertising this product.




In a pan, add the beetroot paste and the cooked spaghetti. Mix them well together. Add little salt and oil if required.


This could be little sweet for some, so you can add red pepper flakes to make it spicy.


Now that the noodles are ready. You can choose to add any veggies to make it a complete meal.

Ingredients
1 cup Ready to eat Edamame
1 cup Broccoli
1/2 cup chopped Spinach
1 cup chopped Mushrooms
4-5 cloves of garlic cloves
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Olive oil
3-4 tbsp pepper flakes
Salt and Pepper as required
1 tsp Parmesan cheese for garnish

Method
In a pan, heat oil. Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic. Fry for a minute. Add the edamame and broccoli. Mix well.


Sprinkle the garlic powder, pepper flakes and little salt. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add the spinach and mushrooms. Add the seasonings, mix it well and cook it for 3-4 minutes till all the veggies are done.


Once the veggies are done, add the cooked spaghetti and mix it all well. Check and add salt if required. Serve it hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.


After pink, I want to try green. Hmm..Spinach on my mind.. ;)
Love the beet flavor one gets with every bite. Its rich, creamy and nutritious. It is also packed with proteins! What more could one ask for? The pictures do not do justice to what this dish actually looks like. You need to trust me on that. Well, try this at home and let me know how it turned out. It is definitely worth a try! Now let me get back to eating..




No comments:

Post a Comment