Thursday, June 4, 2015

Coriander chips




                                                  Coriander chips

My husband enjoys all fried snacks. Since we are on a diet check, he doesn't get to eat them often. Usually it's the Indian store to the rescue as he stocks his weekly cravings from there. I stumbled upon this recipe by Jinal Momaya on one of the food groups I follow on FB and it looked so easy that I decided to make it the very moment. This was my surprise for my hubby today. Thankfully I had all the ingredients available at home. So I got down to my business. We both finished it the very same day! That goes on to say how tasty it was. Do try it at your home. Perfect snack for teatime.



Ingredients
1cup rice flour
1/2 cup maida
1bunch chopped coriander
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup curd
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp chilly powder
Salt as per taste
Water to knead the dough
Oil for frying

Method
In a kneading bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Knead into a soft dough using water as required. This is how the dough will look. Now heat the oil in a frying pan.


Make small balls of the dough, flatten each ball with a rolling pin. The thickness should be medium. Prick all over with a fork. Using a pizza cutter, cut out the shapes and deep fry them.


Coriander chips are now ready to be enjoyed with your hot coffee/tea. They can be stored in airtight containers and can stay fresh for 10-12 days. You can even experiment with the flavor by adding methi/palak or mint leaves. Happy munching!!






No comments:

Post a Comment