Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Watermelon Popsicle


Watermelon Popsicle

It is summer time in Florida, so this is the best season for some chilled dishes. Since the time my friend sent me a Popsicle stand from India, I have been wanting to try some recipes using it. The first Popsicle I ever made using banana and yogurt . However neither me nor my husband really enjoyed the flavor. So I decided to try some other combination. I have read that we can mix in any fruit juice with yogurt, ice, milk and honey to get these colorful lip smacking Popsicle. Since I had watermelon available at home, I decided to make Red Popsicle! This totally took me back to my childhood days, when after school during summer me and my friends used to enjoy a pepsicola (The Indian name for a Popsicle). It was the most refreshing thing we had. It was sweet, tangy and colorful. I am definitely going to experiment with other fruits and share the result with all of you. Making them is the easiest thing to do. It can be made in a jiffy. Children can make it too. In fact I think this would be a hit among the younger generation. It is also the best way to have a fruit if you are a picky fruit eater like me. You can do wonders with very few ingredients.


Ingredients
2-3 cups of watermelon cut in cubes. Remove the seeds
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
That is it..really :)

Method
In a blender, blend all the ingredients together. Pass it through a sieve so that we get a clear juice. Now pour them into Popsicle moulds and freeze it for at-least 7-8 hours. I put the stick into it at the same time as well. It is ready to be enjoyed by the whole family in the comfort of your home while it is hot and sunny outside. I am now craving to have one. I will raid my freezer while you make yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment