Monday, June 29, 2015

Paneer Papad Paratha



 Paneer Papad Paratha

I never thought papad and paneer could taste so well in a paratha. It is an unique blend. There is the crispiness of the papad that hits you as you take a bite and the softness of the paneer that melts in your mouth. Personally I think this is one of my favorite paratha after Aloo Paratha. I would love to try adding papad with some other paratha filling next time. Again I have tried to keep this recipe as healthy as possible. Adding soy flour, flax seed powder, oats and cooking it in very little oil are some of the things I did to stay honest with my diet.
I must have been a Sindhi in my past life for sure. I love papad. I have stories from my childhood where I have cried like a small baby when my papad broke accidentally into pieces. I would relish every bite I ate and take small bites of it so that it lasted longer. Today I purposely broke it down for this recipe and it didn't break my heart!. I guess, I have aged now ;)
However even the fact that I combined papad with anything to make a paratha goes on to prove that my love for it has not reduced. Hope you enjoy making this as much as I did.
Also follow my Facebook page called Confessions of a Foodie to get all real time recipe updates!



Ingredients
For the dough
2 cups wheat flour
1 cup soy flour
2 tbsp flax seed powder
2 tbsp white sesame seeds
Salt and water as required

For the filling
100 gms crumbled paneer
2-3 urad dal papad, roasted & crushed to very tiny pieces
3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tbsp garlic powder (can use regular garlic if powder not available)
1/2 cup oats
1 tbsp dhania jeera powder
1 tsp chilly powder
Salt

Method
In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the dough. After adding salt, add little water to knead into a dough. For the last bit of kneading, smear little oil in your palms and knead.


Please note, the dough with be little stiff as it has soy flour. You can even knead the dough using milk instead of water to make the dough little more softer. Let is rest for some time. Meanwhile you can prepare the filling.


To make the filling, take a bowl. Add the crumbled paneer and all the other other ingredients together. The mixture will be crumbly but you should be able to make balls at hand if needed.


 Now to make the parathas, take a rolling board and pin. Make a small ball from the dough. Roll in over some flour and using the rolling pin, flatten it to form a circle. Place a medium sized paneer mixture in the center.


Close the paratha like this.Seal it using your fingers.


Roll this over the flour again and carefully flatten the ball to make form a circle. See to it that the filling doesn't escape out. It is important that the papad are crumbled nicely so that they don't tear the paratha while rolling.  You cannot roll very thin parathas, they need to be little thick.


In a hot non stick tava, add few drops of oil and place the paratha. Cook it evenly on both the sides, applying very little oil on each side as you cook.


 Paneer Papad Parathas are ready to be devoured. They make very good tiffin option as well. I enjoyed it just by itself, however you can eat it with some curd or chutney.

This pic is my first version of plating which I was not content with. Still retained it for the blog as I wanted to share with the readers that plating and presentation is extremely important to tempt readers in making your dish! So you can choose which of my plating is better and decide for yourself what works for you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment