Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sprouts Cutlet/Tikki


Sprouts Cutlet/Tikki

Just the other day I made Indian Quesadilla where I used moong sprouts as the filling. I had some sprouts leftover which gave rise to my today's recipe. I was in mood to eat something spicy and crispy. So I decided to give my sprouts a makeover!
These are shallow fried so you need not feel guilty eating them. Its packed with proteins, high in fiber and low in calories. Thus making it a must have in a vegetarian's meal. Not to forget they are good to taste as well. They can even be eaten raw in a salad.



Ingredients
2 cups boiled moong sprouts
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp dhania jeera powder
Half bunch cilantro
1/2 cup besan
3-4 green chillies
2 tbsp flax seed powder
1/4 cup oats flour
Salt as desired
Rawa for coating
Oil for shallow frying

Method
In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients together and mix it well.


Mash this lightly. You can now choose to give them any shape you want. I used these cookie cutters to shape them.
Roll both the sides over some roasted rawa. Heat the skillet, sprinkle some oil or you can use cooking spray. Cook the cutlet evenly on both the sides.


I shaped the cutlets after they were cooked. Just felt it was more easier.  Sprinkle some chopped chives for garnish and serve with any hot sauce or green chutney.

You can check some green chutney recipes here
Lettuce Chutney
Cilantro Lime Hummus Sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment