Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Rose flavored Blueberry Popsicle


Rose flavored Blueberry Popsicle

Yes, I have been bitten by the Popsicle bug. From the time, my friend sent me these moulds from India, I have been addicted to them. I have tried Kaju Katli Kulfi and Watermelon Popsicle so far. I now wanted to try another using a different fruit.
With just 4 ingredients one can create these bright colored Popsicle! It definitely doesn't get any more exciting and easier than this. It is a perfect summer treat for your kids, suitable for sleepovers, pool parties or just after a lazy Sunday brunch.

Follow me on Facebook to get regular updates from my blog
Confessions of a Foodie





Ingredients
1 cup blueberries
1 tbsp honey/agave nectar
1 serving of Greek yogurt, blueberry flavor
1/4 tsp rose essence

Method
Grind the blueberries to a smooth paste. Admire the color for few seconds before pouring it onto the mixing bowl. It looks so rich and bright. Love it!


Add the yogurt, rose essence and honey. Mix it all.


Pour them into Popsicle moulds and freeze them for at least 6 hours.


Before serving, run them over some warm tap water and pop them out! Relish these beauties guilt-free. Flavor of rose blends in well with the blueberries and gives it a unique taste. I think this is an easier way to feed your kids some healthy fruits. Its also perfect mid meal snack for weight watchers.
Whatever your reason is, you will certainly enjoy these Popsicle! :)


Notes
You can use any other flavored yogurt in this recipe
Experiment with different fruits as well
Using honey/agave nectar is a healthier option to sugar
Can also make this without adding the rose essence. It will alter the taste a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment