Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Chutney wale Cauliflower


Chutney wale Cauliflower

I love experimenting with leftovers. I feel they always bring out the true chef in you. It is in such scenarios where new dishes are invented. This is one easy recipe using leftover chutneys. After making Mysore Masala Dosa the other day, I had these two chutneys left over. I was thinking of a way to use them in my cooking. That is when I stumbled upon my idol - Tarla Dalal's recipe where she had made cauliflower sabzi using mint chutney. I loved the idea and decided to experiment as well. The sabzi gets a very strong flavor because of the green chutney. It is also very refreshing as it has mint and coriander leaves. The red chutney brings out the curry flavor in the dish. So thankfully this combo turned out good. I am positive that you can substitute cauliflower with any other vegetable. Do try this minty vegetable and not worry about leftovers anymore!



Ingredients
1 cup coriander mint chutney - cilantro, mint leaves, green chillies, ginger, cumin seeds, roasted chana dal and salt grounded to a smooth paste
1 cup red chutney - dried red chillies, onion, garlic and chana dal roasted and grounded to a smooth paste
1 cauliflower cut in florets
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 tsp turmeric powder
Mustard and cumin seeds for tempering
Salt
1 tbsp oil
Cilantro for garnish




Method:
In a non stick pan, add oil. Temper the mustard and cumin seeds. Add both the chutneys along with turmeric powder and fry for few minutes. Add the frozen peas and cauliflower. Mix well so that the chutney coats properly. Check and add salt as the chutneys will also have salt in them.The curry is ready. Sprinkle cilantro and serve with any Indian bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment