Monday, July 27, 2015

Tomato and Red Pepper Soup



Tomato and Red Pepper Soup

As part of my Soup week, yesterday I had made Edamame and Spinach Soup  . Today I wanted to make something in red. Hence I chose to use tomatoes as my main ingredient. However there are many regular tomato soup recipes available, so I wanted to give it my touch and try something different. While grocery shopping last week, I had picked up some Red Peppers/Capsicum to make noodles. So I thought of tossing them along with some tomatoes to make my red themed soup.



Ingredients
3 Tomatoes
1 Red Pepper
1 Onion
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp garlic powder
1-2 tbsp pepper flakes
Salt and Pepper
2 tbsp fat free cream
1 tbsp grated cheese
Handful of Herbs like Chives, Thyme
2 tsp Oil

Method
In a pan, add 1 tsp oil, saute the onion, tomatoes and red pepper. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, pepper and the herbs. Mix well. Cook for 5-6 minutes.


Let the mixture cool down completely. Then blend it, adding water if required. It should form a smooth batter consistency. In the same pan used before, add 1 tsp oil, fry the garlic, add this mixture. Mix well. Add the pepper flakes. Bring it to a boil. Keep the pan covered all the while. Cook it for 8-10 minutes. Keep stirring. Add cream. Sprinkle cheese before serving.


Tomato and Red Pepper soup is ready. It is a fairly simple recipe and can be made quickly. Weight watchers can make a meal out of it, just like the way I did! One bowl of this yummy soup can keep you full for few hours. Happy Souping!

No comments:

Post a Comment