Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mushroom masala


Mushroom masala

I am so impressed with this thing called mushroom. There are so many ways you can use them. It goes in so many cuisines. I really feel it is one of the most versatile vegetable known. Plus its tasty too. Me & my husband both love mushrooms. We tend to order any dish with it in restaurants as well. So its usually included in my weekly grocery list. Every time, I try to experiment with this vegetable. I made this mushroom masala during one such experiment.



I took:
200 gms of button mushrooms
100 gms frozen peas
1 large tomato
1 cup chopped onions
chilli flakes as per your spice quotient
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp corriander paste

Method:
In a non stick pan, take some olive oil, add cumin seeds for tempering, add ginger garlic paste,  coriander paste, onions. Once they become translucent, add the tomatoes. Cook well. Now add chilli flakes, salt & mushrooms. Cook in medium flame till its cooked. Add the peas & mix. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment