Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Green Bengal Lentils ki sabzi


Green Bengal Lentils also known as Choliya ki sabzi

I have been noticing this packet in the Indian market for a long time now, had never attempted to make this before. However last week, my temptation gave in & I picked this up. Today I tried making it & I am happy that it turned out well. Here is what I did.



I took:
1 large onion
2 large tomatoes
4 dry red chillies
3 tsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp grounded peanut
1 tbsp bread crumbs

Method:
I roasted all of the above items with 1 tsp olive oil in a non stick pan. Let it to cool & then ground to a thick paste.
1 packet on Choliya - microwave on high for 10 mins with 1 cup water, salt, oregano flakes, & turmeric powder. Do not strain.
Seasonings like - Garam masala, cumin & coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt
Cilantro for garnish

In a pan, add oil, mustard & cumin seeds for tempering, add the paste, let it cook. Oil will leave to the sides. Add the Choliya then. Mix well & let it cook for few mins. Add chopped cilantro for garnish. Serve ith Rice or any Indian bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment