Monday, March 3, 2014

Paneer Capsicum with a twist


Paneer Capsicum with a twist

Posting my very first recipe on my blog. So, welcome to my blog which is all about food, flavors, hunger pangs, seasonings, secret ingredients & lots of fun while cooking!
I made this today for dinner. Hope my husband likes it. 



Ingredients
300 gms Paneer cubes which is also known as Cottage cheese (you can get them from any Indian store in your locality)
3 nos Capsicums, I like to add color in my dish, so i prefer taking all the 3 colors available. We need to finely chop them.
1 cup finely chopped onion,
1 cup finely chopped tomato
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
4 finely chopped green chillies (yes i like to keep the spice content high, you can alter depending on your bearing limits
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp Pav bhaji masala (you can pick this up from any Indian store, its mildly spiced powder)
1 tsp cumin & coriander powder
salt as per taste
Handful of finely chopped cilantro for garnish

Method
In a non stick pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, temper cumin & mustard seeds, add garlic, ginger, green chillies, onions & saute till onions become transparent. Add tomatoes, saute till they are cooked. Add turmeric powder, cumin & coriander powder, pav bhaji masala powder & salt as per taste. Add the capsicum & paneer & let it cook for 10 mins. Keep it covered. Add chopped cilantro for garnish. Sprinkle fat free cheese & oregano on top.
Serve this with an Indian bread called roti or naan.

We had this for dinner today & my husband did enjoy this vegetable. Please do try this at home & let me know how it turned out! :)


3 comments: