Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sesame flavored grilled tofu & veggies with brown rice



Sesame flavored grilled tofu & veggies with brown rice

My husband loves Tofu while I still prefer the non healthier version called paneer :). As I ransacked my refrigerator to cook up a meal for my hubby, my eyes fell upon this extra firm tofu. I usually make a vegetable with mushrooms, tofu & bell peppers to eat with roti, but this time I was in mood to try out something new. I remembered the new grill pan I had purchased awhile back & thought of making something using these 2. I then checked for some other ingredients that I thought would go well in this dish & finally did manage to cook up a healthy yet tasty meal for my hubby! :)


Ingredients:
450 gms of extra firm tofu cut in medium size squares (ensure you drain out the water thoroughly before using it) 
A handful of Cherry tomatoes cut in halves
Slices of 1 onion 
1 cup broccoli florets
4 crushed garlic cloves
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp chilly garlic sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
Lime juice, Salt & pepper for seasoning
Sesame seeds for decoration

Procedure:
Mix all the above ingredients in a large bowl (except the sesame seeds) & marinate for 1hr. Heat a grill pan, spray some olive oil & add the marinated mixture. Let all the veggies & tofu grill properly. Keep turning them upside down to get the charred effect. Pour it in the serving bowl. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds over it. 

                                Serve it with brown rice which is seasoned with sesame & cilantro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment