Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Healthy Hara Bhara Pulav


Healthy Hara Bhara Pulav

This is my version of the famous spinach rice. As you are aware, I always try to make healthy yet tasty recipes rather than the boring diet food. This time I again chose Edamame as one of my main ingredient. It is surely starting to make a weekly appearance in my menu! Well, we are not complaining as it is very nutritious and tasty. Hence I decided to mix spinach and edamame to make my Hara Bhara Pulav using brown rice of course.



Ingredients:
2 cups brown rice cooked in rice cooker
1 cup of blanched spinach
1 cup of boiled edamame
I large onion
5-6 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of cilantro
Half inch ginger
4-5 green chillies
Garam masala - 1 Cinnamon stick, 2 bay leaves, 3 cloves
Cumin and mustard seeds for tempering
Seasonings like salt, garam masala and dhania jeera powder
1 Tbsp roasted Sesame seeds and cilantro for garnish
1 Tbsp olive oil

Method:
Grind the spinach, cilantro, onion, ginger, green chillies and garlic to a smooth paste. In a pan, add oil, temper the cumin and mustard seeds. Now add the garam masalas and fry them all. Add the edamame to this and saute it for few minutes. You can add the spinach paste now along with the seasonings like dhania jeera powder and salt. Mix well and cook for few minutes. Add the cooked rice and mix well. Add garam masala powder to this and mix. Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve it hot with papad and curd. Enjoy your meal! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment