Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Edamame & Spinach Paratha



Edamame & Spinach Paratha

In my quest to find healthier recipes to take us through the week, I came up with this idea to mix edamame and spinach to make parathas. I usually use these beans in pasta. I have used them in paratha once when I had combined them with Beetroot. They turned out very well. So today I decided to go green. :) I decided to make spinach and edamame parathas. My husband would never eat it if he knew what was inside beforehand. He is not a big fan of Edamame. So I let him have a bite, got his reaction and then revealed the true ingredients to him. He was pleasantly surprised to know the contents and was asking for more! I got my verdict right there. Go ahead and try these yummy parathas at home and let me know how they turn out!



Ingredients:
2 cups wheat flour
1 cup soy flour
3/4 cup oats flour
Paste of 1 large onion, 4-5 green chillies, half inch ginger, 5-6 cloves of garlic and few strands of coriander
1 large bowl of boiled edamame, coarsely grounded
1 large bowl of chopped spinach
Seasonings like garam masala, dhania jeera powder, turmeric powder, maggi masala cube and salt
Water and oil required for kneading

Method:
Mix all the of the above ingredients and knead it into a soft dough. Make parathas smearing ghee on both sides. Enjoy them hot by itself or with mango pickle. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment