Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sprouts & Egg Bhurji


Sprouts & Egg Bhurji

I had intended to make bhurji bread for my husband the other day. However I just had 2 eggs at home. Now that is not enough to feed a man! So I raided my fridge to see what else I can add to this bhurji. There was little cabbage, carrots, spinach, tomatoes and cucumber. OK, tomatoes and spinach I could use..but I guess nothing else. Hidden below the cabbage was a small leftover packet of sprouts. My mind started running overtime. I thought to mix eggs and sprouts in a bhurji. When I excitedly told my husband about my plan, he smirked at me and said, "Sure, after all I am your guinea pig, bring it on baby!" Aha! That gave me confidence to try this combination out. Thankfully it was a super success. We both loved the final product and I secretly enjoyed 1 bread with this as it was only meant for him. I couldn't resist. :) So from now on, bhurji in our household will be made like this for sure! I highly recommend this combo. After all it is all about Taste bhi..aur Health bhi.. :)



Ingredients:
2-3 eggs
1 cup sprouts
1/4 cup chopped spinach
1 large tomato finely chopped
1 large onion finely chopped
2 green chillies fine;y chopped
Half inch ginger, minced
Cilantro for garnish
Seasonings like turmeric powder, chilly powder, mustard and cumin seeds, salt and pepper

Method:
In a pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil, temper the mustard and cumin seeds. Now add the green chillies and ginger. Fry it for few minutes. Now add the onions. Saute it till they become translucent. Add sprouts and fry them for a while till they are cooked. Add salt and tomatoes. Mix well. Cook till the tomatoes turn pulpy. Add spinach and all the seasonings. Mix well. Break in the eggs and keep mixing swiftly like you do while making a regular bhurji. The eggs will get cooked quickly and the mixture will become dry. Sprinkle cilantro and serve it hot with warm bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment