Monday, May 4, 2015

Adai Dosai with Tomato Almond Chutney


Adai Dosai with Tomato Almond Chutney

Being a South Indian, dinners on Sundays usually was the famous Adai Dosai. My mom would keep making them while we would hog on greedily loosing count of how many we have eaten. While my dad enjoyed his adai with some curd and jaggery, I always loved to eat them with mulagapudi. There is a running joke in my family that I eat dosas and idlis just for the mulagapudi. It is more funny when one hears it in Tamil though ;). Anyways coming back to this recipe..this is one of my comfort food as it reminds me of home and my childhood. Obviously the taste is no where close to my mom's adai, however I manage to make my own version and enjoy it too. Over time, I have evolved as a person and so has my adai recipe. It has become more healthier while not compromising with the authentic taste.



Ingredients:
1 cup Brown Rice
1 cup Idli Rava
5-6 methi seeds
1/2 cup Tur Dal
1/2 cup Moong Dal
1/3 cup Urad Dal
1/2 cup Chana Dal
1/2 cup Oats Flour
A bunch of Cilantro
8-10 dried red chillies
Salt as required

Method:
Soak brown rice, methi seeds and idli rava in one bowl. Soak all the dals in one bowl. You need to soak it for minimum two hours. Grind this along with red chillies, cilantro and salt. It should be dosa batter consistency. Now add the oats flour in it and mix well. This batter need not be fermented. It is ready to use. Take a tava and prepare thick dosas. Minimum oil is required if using non stick tava. Thus making this dish a wholesome healthy meal. Serve adai with curd/jaggery or Tomato Almond Chutney. You can even add chopped onions to the batter to give it an extra zing!

Providing the link to the chutney below:

http://priyalaksh.blogspot.com/2015/03/green-chutney-dosa-with-spicy-tomato.html


No comments:

Post a Comment