Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Eggplant and Capsicum Curry


Eggplant and Capsicum Curry

I never imagined that I could club eggplants and capsicum and make a curry with very minimum Indian spices. However when I read this recipe on the internet, I decided to give it a try. Lucky for me that my husband is very accommodating and loves to try new dishes. The real thing is - he is my guinea pig! I try all new recipes on him. In his defense, he eats them all. Coming back to this recipe, it is fairly simple to make and needs very few ingredients. Do make it t home..



Ingredients:
1 large eggplant cut in cubes
2 capsicum finely chopped
1 large tomato finely chopped
1 large onions finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 bay leaf
Cilantro for garnish
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Zucchini (optional)

Method:
In a pan, add oil, temper the cumin seeds. Saute onions, bay leaf and garlic. Cook till they turn translucent. Now add the tomatoes and salt. Saute for 2 minutes. Add Eggplant and mix well. Cook till the eggplants become soft. Add capsicum and pepper powder. Cook for few minutes till its done. Sprinkle cilantro. Serve hot with some brown bread or roti. 

No comments:

Post a Comment