Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Masaledaar Baingan


Masaledaar Baingan

This week during our grocery shopping we picked up 2 large eggplants. Since my husband enjoys this vegetable, I decided to make a dish with it. Eggplants are a very good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin B1 and copper. Although I am not a fan of this vegetable, I know my husband is and hence have made couple of dishes for him with baingan in it in the past. This time I wanted to try something different with it. I usually make Vangi bhaat or the south Indian style sabzi so this time I tried to give it a restaurant type flavor. Sharing the recipe with you.



Ingredients:
1 large eggplant finely chopped
3 tomatoes finely chopped
1 potato cut in cubes
Seasonings like peanut powder, garam masala, chilly powder, turmeric powder, dhania jeera powder, hing, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, maggi special masala and salt.
Cilantro
Oil

Method:
In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, temper the mustard and cumin seeds. Add hing and tomatoes. Saute till the tomatoes are cooked. Now add all the remaining seasonings except garam masala. Fry for a minute. Add the potatoes and eggplant. Mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook it till they are done. Now sprinkle garam masala and cilantro. Mix well. Serve it hot with roti or rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment