Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Carrot and Peas Paratha


Carrot and Peas Paratha

We are going on a vacation in two days so I wanted to make sure that my fridge is empty and there are no degradable leftovers. I managed to use all the veggies except these baby carrots, cilantro and green chillies. While green chillies are a rare commodity in US for now, so I decided to freeze them. But I had to use the carrots somehow. Both me and my husband are not a fan of any carrot dish but I had to use them and not waste it. My husband did make a face when I told him that I was thinking of making carrot parathas. I had to add something more to it. Lucky for me, I did have a packet of frozen peas in the freezer. So I decided to make Carrot and Peas Paratha. I knew that the carrots would be too sweet so I ensured that I add enough spices and green chillies to keep the hot quotient high. I also tried to keep it healthy by adding soy and oats flour in the dough and using less oil. So here I am with these delicious parathas. Give it a try..



Ingredients:
1 cup of baby carrots
1 potato
1 cup of green peas
Half cup of cilantro
2 large onions
5-6 green chillies
4-5 garlic cloves
Seasonings like turmeric powder, dhania jeera powder, amchur powder, garlic salt and garam masala
Half cup Oats flour
1 cup soy flour
2 cups wheat flour
Salt, oil and water as required

Method:
Boil the carrots, potato and green peas together with some turmeric powder and salt. Once they are cooked, mash them well after draining the water. In a deep mixing bowl, all this mashed mixture and all the other ingredients mentioned above. Knead it into a soft dough using little water. You can also use milk instead. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes. Start making your parathas smearing little ghee on each of them while cooking. These golden brown parathas are ready to be served. Enjoy them with some pickle or raita. 

No comments:

Post a Comment