Thursday, September 17, 2015

Oriental Egg Fried Rice served with a Fried Egg


Oriental Egg Fried Rice 
served with a Fried Egg

It was my husband's birthday and he declared that we celebrate it for the whole week. By celebrate, he meant, I cook all his favorite dishes through the week! :)
So in the list was - Chinese fried rice and Egg Biryani. Since I had already made Egg Biryani recently, I chose to mix up his wish and make an Oriental Egg Fried Rice instead! Win Win situation for both of us. Since this was something new for my blog as well. ;)
It is a running joke in my home these days that I only cook for my blog. Since I do not like to repeat my dishes as it doesn't offer anything new for my blog.



We have a favorite local Chinese take away which is our go to every weekend. We both just love their fried rice and curry tofu. So here, I have tried to replicate the same flavor for the fried rice. In place of curry tofu, I have tried this - Tofu cooked with Sesame seeds. Love this!
I have intentionally not added lots of veggies as I wanted to keep this simple and have the main ingredient - egg, to empower the dish. This recipe is very simple and easy to make.

Ingredients
2-3 eggs
2 cups of cooked rice
2 Bell Peppers, finely chopped
6-7 cloves of garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp of red pepper flakes
2 tbsp of chilly garlic sauce
1 cup boiled green peas
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 tbsp Chinese 5 spice powder/Homemade Garam masala
Salt
1 tbsp olive oil

Method
In a wok, heat the oil. Please ensure the wok is heated up well to enable the frying of the veggies. Do not make it very hot as it could burn them.Add and fry the garlic for a minute. Now add the bell peppers and green peas. Cook for another two minutes. Add salt.


Now crack the eggs and add them to the wok.


 Scramble the eggs quickly by mixing it all swiftly. Add the chilly garlic sauce. Mix well.


Add the chilly flakes, garam masala and cilantro.



Mix it all well. Check salt and add if necessary. Finally add the rice. Mix it well.


The rice is now ready. You can serve it with a fried egg.


This is a mildly spiced egg fried rice which surely satisfies all your cravings!





No comments:

Post a Comment