Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Coffee flavored Figs and Dates Popsicle




Coffee flavored Figs and Dates Popsicle

I am so happy with myself. This is my creation and I am totally in love with it. I am not a big fan of regular coffee but I love cold coffee instead. I have been wanting to use cold coffee in some form in my recipe. This weekend while grocery shopping, we stumbled upon some fresh figs. I have never used or even had figs before so I decided to buy them just to challenge myself. Since today morning I have been thinking of a way to use these figs. Browsed many recipes for some ideas however I wanted to try something new.



Before we get into the recipe that I finally made, I would like to enlighten my readers about the health benefits of figs. They are low in calories. They contain dietary fiber, minerals and vitamins. There are lots of recipes we can make using figs. I have made Figs Almonds and Banana Smoothie. They make a very good power breakfast option.
Coming back to today's recipe, I decided to blend figs with coffee and dates to enhance its flavor and to try something new. This can even be had as a milkshake. I chose to convert them to Popsicle!

Ingredients
6-7 figs cut in half
5-6 pitted dates
1 cup fat free milk
2 tbsp coffee powder/cold coffee mix

Method
Blend together figs, dates,milk and cold coffee mix.






You need not strain this mixture. Grind it finely. Pour it into popsicle moulds.


Freeze it for minimum 6 hours. Remove them from the mould by running it over some warm tap water.These Popsicles have a distinct coffee flavor which when blended with figs and dates, make it even more tasty. I enjoy them as mid morning snacks. It is a cool way to beat the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment