Monday, February 2, 2015

Kurmura Chiwda



Kurmura Chiwda

A very quick and easy snack to make for those lazy afternoons where you are tempted to hog on to all those unhealthy fried snacks. Try this instead. This snack takes me back to my childhood where during diwali, every second house was filled with the aroma of this snack in the making. I used to keep checking with my mom on when this chiwda would be ready from me to eat. Now I make this with just a little variation, I don't add peanuts, curry leaves. dried coconut or raisins. You may add if you wish to. 


You need:
2 cups kurmura
3 tbsps roasted chana dal
3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
Turmeric powder and salt for seasonings
Mustard seeds for tempering

Procedure:
Dry roast the kurmura for few minutes, till they become crisp. In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, temper mustard seeds, add green chillies, roasted chana dal, turmeric powder and salt. Cook till the dal turns golden color. Now add the kurmura and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes. Let this mixture cool down before storing it in a container. Enjoy this evening snack with your green tea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment