Thursday, October 1, 2015

Quick fix Vegan Pasta made in Almond sauce!


Quick fix Vegan Pasta made in Almond sauce!

White sauce pasta is yummy but unhealthy and I am not a big fan of red sauce pasta. So yes, that leaves me in a soup! So I have made peace with myself and only succumb to making vegetable pasta salad with no sauce. Here is the proof - Wholewheat Spaghetti with VeggiesEdamame and Mushroom Pasta salad and Pink Spaghetti with veggies.




However when I made Roasted Almond Butter the other day, I started to think of different ways to use it in my cooking.


I fell in love with this vegan butter. It is nutty, flavorful and and creamy. I spread them on toasted burger buns and used them for Edamame and Carrot Burgers. They were perfect!
After using them in the burger recipe, I still had some leftover butter. So the crux of this small story is that I chose to make a creamy pasta (finally) using the leftover almond butter. Win -Win situation for me! So here is my version of a quick fix, creamy, low fat, no sauce, vegetarian pasta.

Ingredients
1 packet of any whole wheat pasta
2 tbsp of Almond Butter
2 tomatoes roughly chopped
7-8 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp dill leaves
1 onion
2 tsp white sesame seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
1 tbsp chilly sauce/Sriracha sauce
Red Pepper flakes as required
Salt as required

Method
Heat a grill pan, spray some olive oil and grill the tomatoes and garlic together. Allow it to cool.


Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.


Grind the grilled tomatoes, garlic along with the almond butter.


This is the sauce that we will use for the pasta.


In a pan, warm the olive oil. Saute the bell peppers for 2 minutes.


Add the sauce and the pasta along with salt. Season it with chilly sauce and pepper flakes.


In the grill pan, saute the onion and sesame seeds.


Sprinkle this over the pasta along with some chopped dill leaves.


Now stop drooling and go make yours while I enjoy mine! :)

Some notes
Feel free to add any veggies you like.
You can also sprinkle some cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment