Monday, March 16, 2015

Hummus flavored Chickpea Toast


Hummus flavored Chickpea Toast

In my quest to find healthy and protein rich food, I keep trying different dishes. So far I have only had chickpeas in the traditional chole recipe or in the Middle eastern hummus. I was wanting to try something different with them. Since I hadn't done my grocery this weekend, I had to make do with whatever I had at home. I decided to soak the chickpeas overnight and worry about my dish in the morning. Sandwiches are usually considered as zero oil diet food. So I decided in the morning that I will make a sandwich out of this. I raided my fridge to check on what other ingredients I could use. I love hummus so I decided to surely add them in my dish. This is a very easy recipe and the prep just takes few minutes. There is not much chopping and can be a quick fix meal if you have the chickpeas ready. It is very filling and can be eaten as a meal along with 1 glass of buttermilk.


Ingredients:
200 gms of chickpeas, soaked overnight and boiled with salt and turmeric powder.
Half cup regular hummus
2 tbsp garlic cheese spread
2 tbsp siracha sauce
1 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup powdered fat free croutons
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Salt and pepper powder
1 fat free Cheese slice
Bread slices as required
Sev

Method:
In a bowl, mash the chickpeas slightly and keep it aside. In another bowl, add the hummus and cheese spread along with very little water. Whisk this mixture. Now add the chickpeas, siracha sauce,cilantro, powdered croutons, ginger garlic paste, salt and pepper. Mix this well. Check salt. Take 2 bread slices, spread butter/siracha sauce. Now spread the chickpea mixture evenly on the bread. Sprinkle sev on it. Put a cheese slice on top. Place the other bread on top of this. Grill this for few minutes. Enjoy these yummy chickpea toast anytime of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment