Thursday, January 29, 2015

Healthy spinach & oats ka chila

                                             

 Healthy spinach & oats ka chila

Since yesterday I was contemplating what I should make for breakfast. The only criteria I had in mind was that it should be healthy. Of all the options I had, besan chila stood out for me this time. I wanted to make it. But how do I make the traditional besan chila more healthy? I came up with this recipe. A little bit of mix and match..and voila!! :)



Ingredients:
1 cup of powdered oats
2 cups of besan
1 cup of chopped spinach
Half an onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
cilantro
seasonings like turmeric powder, chilly powder, dhania jeera powder and salt

Method:
In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well. Add water to bring it to a batter consistency.
Pour 1 spoon on a hot tava like a dosa and cook evenly on both sides.
Enjoy your healthy chilas guilt free as it is or with some tomato sauce/green chutney.


No comments:

Post a Comment